Navigate the ocean
- This map offers a different option to explore the database.
- Each symbol represents a dataset, HOTS and BATS stand for Hawaiian Ocean Time-Series (often abbrevated HOT) and Bermuda Atlantic Time-Series respectively. GORG refers to the Global Ocean Reference Genomes dataset composed of Single-Cell Amplified Genomes (SAGs), see the paper.
- You can zoom in and out, and filter datasets and depth layers using the top-right panel.
- EPI, MES, BAT and ABY stand for Epipelagic, Mesopelagic, Bathypelagic and Abyssopelagic, the top four depth layers of the ocean.
- Each marker represents a sample or a time-series. Clicking on them will provide information, including links to the genomes from the station and some metadata of the sample. A station can contain several samples. The abillity to browse all the samples from a station is for convenience, as they may be overlapping and finding the right sample to access its genomes may be tricky.